- Develop curiosity fascination and excitement about natural phenomena
- Develop proficiency within the key features of scientific enquiry and rational explanation
- High quality, first hand practical science experiments underpin the majority of teaching and learning
- Read, spell and use age appropriate scientific vocabulary
- Recognise how science has contributed to our understanding of the world and how it has changed our lives
Science Curriculum Intent
At Ardley Hill Academy, our Science curriculum has been designed to increase pupil’s knowledge and understanding of the world around them and to develop their scientific enquiry skills. We cultivate the children’s natural curiosity and encourage respect for the environment.
We aim to give our children an understanding of the world around them, whilst acquiring scientific enquiry skills and knowledge to help them to think scientifically.
We provide children with an understanding of the uses and implications of Science and its importance in every aspect of daily life.
We give the teaching and learning of Science the prominence it requires and encourage children to be aspirational with their Science learning.
We value the natural curiosity of the child, encourage respect for living organisms and the physical environment and provide opportunities for children to think of, communicate and investigate their own questions.
We intend to build a Science curriculum which is engaging, develops learning, resulting in the acquisition of knowledge and enabling children to become resilient enquiry based learners.
We teach the children the importance of a healthy lifestyle through our Science curriculum.
Science in action